Pages

Friday, January 11, 2013

Welcome...


Hi guys, welcome to my blog! 

Beantown - October 2012
In a nutshell, I’m a Boston bred 20-something who has been in LA for pretty much my entire adult life, or as long as I’ve been paying off student loans. Really...is there a difference? Anyway, my day job and main source of income for paying all those silly adult bills is as a pediatric oncology nurse. I love it and can explain to you the ins and outs of chemo and immunology but this is my escape from all that and a place where I can talk about life beyond the cinderblock walls of the hospital. 

When I originally sat down to write this blog, I tried to simplify the packaging. One topic in a Pinterest inspired mason jar with a fancy label slapped on. However, given that my life is anything but one dimensional, it wasn’t surprising that nothing fit quite right and that jar runneth over pretty quickly. My friends, who have been encouraging me to start this blog for the past few years, will tell you that I’m a jack of all trades, master of several. And thus The Girl’s Guide to Getting By was born.

Christmas in LA with my dog, Lily
As I’ve pretty much stated in the About Me section, it’ll be a mashup of everything I love, how to, where to and what not to do…at least in my opinion. You can take it or leave it. As long as you leave here mildly entertained, I have done my job.

There are, of course, a plethora of topics that I can’t speak to with enough color or humor to do them justice. Fortunately for all of you, I have many talented and fabulous girlfriends to help me out. As The Girl’s Guide progresses, you’ll see their pages featured and even some guest bloggers pop up on occasion. 

Ever since nursing school, writing has been my happy place so thanks for indulging me & I hope you enjoy the ride!

<3 Joy

No comments:

Post a Comment